Sunday, September 1, 2013

It's a New Week

   Welcome September! Wow, another month, another week. And, another challenge at Christmas Card Challenges. The theme this week is: Something New.


This may not appear "new" to those of you who know me well or take my classes ~ after all, this is not new ribbon, a new punch or even new embossing folders. But . . . my new is in how I use all those items.
 
I have recently begun embossing a LOT of different shapes. I always emboss larger pieces of cardstock to use on my cards; but you can add texture, dimension, uniqueness to a punch or diecut shape by using an embossing folder. For example, the ornament on this card or the leaves in my last post.
 
A CAS design, quick and easy to put together, but by embossing the ornaments, this card now has depth and character.
 
So, grab your punches/dies and embossing folders and see how you can create something new. Don't forget to check out what the other Christmas Card Challenges Design Team members have created for you this week~ click here.
 
I'm entering this card in:
  > ABC Christmas Challenge: Q is for Quick - this card was quick!
  > Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra-September

Keep Crafting,

6 comments:

  1. Perfect CAS card, Heather! Lots of interest and depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab. Love the embossing.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our ‘Quick’ challenge at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for :
    ABC Christmas Challenge,
    As You Like It Challenge,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stamp Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabby card love the C&S feel too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those embossed baubles are gorgeous - lovely idea - thanks for sharing for my CHNC challenge extra for September - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could also share this lovely card for The Glory of Christmas challenge 15: 'anything goes' - I'd love to see it there too, Hazel, Glory of Christmas DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Extra this month. Carol Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'